Thursday 31 March 2016

Zombies!

A quartet of shuffling undead horrors for your perusal.

The first two are Necromunda plague zombies and despite having a sci-fi purpose they looking perfectly fine for fantasy. I mistook the pipes in their hands for bones but I figured some screwy necromancer or other weirdo has grafted metal banding to them then what the hell?

  The second is from Harlequin miniatures and the last is a classic Citadel miniature from the long gone but not forgotten Fiend Factory range. I think the first three scale well against each other even if the last one is a bit 'blobby' - still lots of Oldschool charm though!










9 comments:

  1. These are great and the pipe/bones work well - some left overs of the horrifying experiments the Necromancer has been up to no doubt!

    I've got a big batch of 40 Blacktree Design zombies of the Sweltering Swamps to paint up - any tips on your zombie flesh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thantsants :) I use all GW paints - rotting flesh then washed with agrax earthshade mixed with athonian camoshade and then rehighlighted with the base colour and progressively lighter with white mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers bud - must have some vallejo proxies for those here somewhere - be nice to get mine and Warlord Paul's Trolltooth Wars project back on track!

      Delete
  3. How well does the harlequin zombie scale with the old Kev Adams zombies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure - I'm yet to acquire any of that range yet but they're in they're in my sights! I have a few duplicates of the FF zombie to paint, as well as some FTZ ones, a couple more Necromunda ones and some of the range that came after c18. Morleys I think?

      Delete
  4. Yes, yes, more shambling horrors to bolster the ranks of the Undead :D nice work buddy, they look suitably rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I'm really digging that Tan and Blue Scheme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Who says zombies can't wear denim? :)

      Delete